August 1, 2011

Smithsonian - Take a Look Back

I've really been overly ambitious with classroom planning and I think blogging and Pinterest are the culprits! Don't get me wrong...I do love it very much, but I needed a break. I am designing a technology unit for first graders. Within the unit the students will be asked to sequence photos depicting a category in technology in a simple timeline. For example, for communication I have an image of a Pony Express rider, a US Postal Truck from the early 1900's, and a picture of e-mail on a computer. So, as I am looking up archived historical photos, I found these off of the Smithsonian catalog:




They are haunting, simple, and strange. I marvel at how far we have come in the fight for equal and quality education for all in this nation. I am excited about what is yet to come and am ready to help support, grow, and challenge the young people who will be shaping the future along side of us.

2 comments:

Busy Bees said...

Can't wait to see this unit!! Just found your blog and enjoyed your cute ideas.
BusyBees

N said...

Thank you for following! I will post the unit soon ^_^