I thought I may be able to roll this into one since they do kind of go togther.
All in all, this post is a whole lotta me!
(So it's actually 22 fun things about me.)
It was so great to learn more about Kacey @ Doodle Bugs and Hope @ Second Grade Shenannigans! Can't wait to "meet" more of you. :)
You should visit Mrs. O. She has a great story and is a very interesting gal!
For those of you who don't know about the Liebster Award, it is awarded to blogs with less than 200 followers to acknowledge up and coming blogs and share them with the rest of our blogging community!
So what exactly is a Liebster?
Liebster is a German word and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Yes, one word encompasses all of those wonderful qualities so you can see why I am so flattered to be chosen for this awesome recognition.
Blogging is all about building a community and the Liebster Award helps this community to continuously grow!
To accept this award, I have to do the following:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me.
2. Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator.
3. Share 11 random facts about myself.
4. Create 11 questions for my nominees.
5. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
6. Contact my nominees and let them know that I have nominated them.
Here are the questions that Mrs. O posted for us:
1. What is one teacher gift that you have never received that you would love to have?
I have received so many gracious gifts. Teachers are so loved! I can't think of anything...
Sorry so boring, but when I found out that we were moving to Boulder, CO from Florida, my room mom coordinated a "You Rock!" basket full of gift cards for Boulder restaurants and activities for my family. Really can't be any more thoughtful than that!
I've also received an XL t-shirt that stated I was the "World's Best Dad". Go figure.
Every gift I get is loved totally. :)
2. You are going to be stuck on a dessert island and you can only take 5 items. What are they?
Is there WiFi??? Black waterproof eyeliner, a giant pina colada, rice (to go with all of that seafood!), chocolate covered popcorn, and coconut lime lotion. I'm going with a fantasy get away theme with this suitcase.
3. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
Miss Bebon, my elementary art teacher at Atlantic West Elementary. I looked forward to her class every week because her lessons were so fun and I love art. I remember when we drew her without looking at our papers and still remember her bright red lipstick and colorful glasses. She was a real character and brought wonder into the class.
4. If you had to eat the same meal every night for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I am Hawaiian, so I love a good "box lunch". Lau lau, kalua pork, poke, rice, kim chee, musubi, and siracha!
5. If you could try any other profession, what would it be?
My major in college was art history with a minor in asian studies. It was my dream to work in a big museum somewhere in Europe. When I lived in London with my hubby, I went to museum at least once a week. I loved the Tate Modern! So either a curator or museum marketing.
6. What is your favorite children's book?
Matilda by Roald Dahl. I connected with her on so many ways as a child. Roald Dahl makes me so happy. :)
7. What is your favorite vacation spot?
My husband planned an adventure for us in Costa Rice for our honeymoon. We rented a little jeep and drove from the Atlantic Coast to the Pacific Coast stopping along the way. It was a magical vacation and I loved every bit of it!
8. You win a $500 Visa gift card. What do you buy first?
Since we just moved to Virginia from Florida, I think I'd have to invest in some good/cute winter wear. This pin looks so warm and cozy!
9. Who is your biggest inspiration? (Feel free to name more than one person if needed)
My parents, my in-laws, art history professors, and my fine art teachers all had and have a hand in who I am as a teacher today. Also, all of my good teacher friends. Thank you! xoxox
10. What is one thing that you will try in your classroom this year that you've never tried before?
Most of it! I am teaching a new grade in a new state. :) Big smiles (:
11. If you could share any piece of advice about teaching with your fellow bloggers, what would it be?
Go with the flow and let the students lead the learning. Have fun!
11 Facts About Me
- I'm a ScOrPiO
- Love Beastie Boys
- Used to dance in my family's Polynesian troop
- Went to K & 1st in Key Largo, FL
- Love grapefruit anything
- Puts siracha on almost all food
- Project Runway fan
- SNL fan
- Wear contacts
- Wish I could bake
- Loves hiking and camping
I will be searching for my nominees over the next week, so keep posted on the newest blogs here!
Now as promised, a freebie! I whipped up a colorful number identification set that you can use any which way you feel fit.